About the authorAshraf Aboul-Yazid (1963) is an Egyptian writer, poet, novelist and journalist.
He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Silk Road Literature Series (since 2016). He has documented his travel writings covering more than 30 countries spanning over two decades.
He was named the Person of the Year in Culture, Kazan, Tatarstan in 2013. He won the Manhae Grand Prize in Literature, Korea in 2014. He was the winner of the Arab Journalism Award in Culture, UAE, in 2015. He is the member of the Egyptian Writers’ Union and the President of AJA (Asia Journalist Association), Korea.
His books in Arabic include-
- Washwashat Al Bahr, (The Whisper of the Sea), Cairo, 1989.
- Al Asdaf, (the Shells), Cairo, 1996.
- Zakirat Al Samt, (The Memory of the Silence), Beirut, 2000.
- Fawqa Sirat Al Mawt, (On the Passage of Death), Cairo, 2001.
- akirat Al Farashat, (the memory of Butterflies), Cairo, 2005.
- Shamawes, Cairo, 2008.
- Hadiqaton Khalfeyya (A Backyard Garden), Cairo, 2011.
- (31), Cairo, 2011.
- AT-Turjoman (The Translator), Cairo, 2018.
BIOGRAPHIES, CRITICISMS AND TRAVELS
- Sirat Al Lawn, (the Story of Color), Art Criticism, Cairo, 2003.
- Muzakkrat Musafer, (The Memories of a Traveler) Biography on Al-Sheikh Mustafa Abdul Razik travels to France, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2004.
- Al Shiekh Mustafa Abdu lRaziq Musaferan wa Muqiman, (Al Azhar Sheikh Travels and Memories at home), Travels, Cairo, 2006.
- Sirat Musafer (A Traveler tale), Travels, Cairo, 2008.
- Abath al Shabab (The Joy of the Youth), Bayrem Al-Tunsi papers in Tunisia, Alexandria, Bibliotheca, 2008.
- Noon Anniswa Nahrol-Fan, Feminine N, River of Art, Biography, Dar Al-Hilal, Cairo 2013
- The Silk Road (A Cultural Pictorial Encyclopedia) Alexandria Bibliotheca, 2013
- A River on Travel (Travels), Al-Arabi Books, Kuwait, 2015
- The Caravan of Moroccan Tales, travels, Milano, 2017
- Naguib Mahfouz, the narrator and the artist, art articles, Cairo, 2018
- The Story of an Artist Who Lived 5000 Years, History of Art for Children, Cairo 2006.
- The Arab World Kids, Poems for Children, Kuwait, 2006.
- The Arab Travelers (Rahhalatol Arab), for children, Kuwait, 2009
- The Sea Post Fish Poetic story for Children, Kuwait, 2011.
- Shurali (The Carpenter and the Evil of the Forest), a folk tale by the Tatar poet Abdullah Tukay, for Children, Kuwait, 2011
- The Sheep and the Goat, a folk tale by the Tatar poet Abdullah Tukay, for Children, Kuwait, 2013
TRANSLATIONS INTO ARABIC FROM OTHER LANGUAGES
- Korean Folk Tales, for Children, Al-Arabi Books, Kuwait, 2008
- I and Surrealism, Salvador Dali, (Biography), Dubai al-Thaqafeyya magazine, UAE, 2010
- One Thousand & One Lives, an Anthology of Selected Poems Written by the Korean Poet Ko Un), Dubai Thaqafeyya magazine, UAE, 2012
- Qeddison Youhalleqo Baaidan (The Far-off Saint), Translated Poems Written by the Korean Poet Cho O-hyun, Bait-Alghasham, Muscat, Oman, 2013
- A Depressingly Monotonous Landscape, Poetry Collection by Indian poet Hemant Divate, Cairo, 2016
TRANSLATIONS IN OTHER LANGUAGES
- Shamawes, (Novel), (Korean), Seoul, South Korea, 2008
- Una calle en el Cairo, (A street in Cairo), Poetry, (Spanish), Costa Rica, 2010
- Yarali Güvercinler Irmagi, Anthology, Poetry, (Turkish), Istanbul, Turkey, 2012.
- The Memory of the Butterflies, Poetry, (Persian), Tehran, 2013.
- The Memory of the Silence, Poetry, (English), Mumbai, 2016.
- A Backyard Garden, Novel, (Malayalam). Kerala, 2017.